Re-thinking the neighbourhood while having lunch
How can you stimulate new ideas, collaborations and initiatives for an existing neighbourhood?
By sharing food and thoughts together.
Together with DUS architects, we invited all the residents of the Tolhuistuin area for lunch. The communal table where we shared our lunch was a model of the neighbourhood. The shape of the table then transformed the food and cutlery into possible new objects in the area. By handing each other the salt or a sandwich we started imagining what these objects could represent in real life. The wine glass for example looked like a tree and a banana turned into a boat, encouraging guests to play around and come up with new ideas for a more inviting public space.
- Magnetic memory catchers
- critical notes in harmony
- A necklace full of compliments
- Building a playground for Casablanca
- Collecting suits for children
- Personal secretary for a day
- A coffee stain skyline
- Re-thinking the neighbourhood while having lunch